Monday, May 5, 2014

Social Media Final

I used Blogger for posts that required more information to get my point across. It was a way to inform customers about events and provide them with information about the even and what to expect from it and if they need to bring anything. Also, I use it to provide information about massage, training techniques, and anything else that might need more in depth explanation. I enjoyed Blogger and like being able to really provide insight and information to readers about the chosen topic. It was easy to navigate and use. In a real-life scenario I would use Blogger, maybe not weekly posting but just for when I need to provide more information to customers.

I used Twitter to inform followers of sales/specials, post fun facts and pictures, links to different articles, let followers know of openings, and encourage healthy living. I did my Tweets according to the Buddy Media Report for healthy and beauty, travel and leisure, and sports because my business kind of falls into all of those categories. I did most of my post, or at least the ones that I really wanted my followers to see, on Sundays and also later in the week and weekends Twitter is a great way to share links and to get information about sales/specials to customers. It was difficult keeping it within the character limit set for Tweets due to pictures and links taking up a fair amount of that limit even after being shortened. In regard to the EEI strategy I have 22 Engaging posts, 32 Entertaining posts, and 32 Informing posts, as well as retweets.

I used Facebook as a way to really interact and connect with my clients. I posted to let people know about events or classes, sales/specials, funny massage related pictures, and links to articles or websites. The majority of y posts I did on Sundays and later in the week either at 9:30/10ish in the morning or 5:30ish at night. In regard to the EEI I had 13 engaging posts, 8 entertaining posts, 12 informative posts, and 2 that were a combination. In a real-life scenario I would use this platform just because a lot of people and business use it so I would be able to reach a lot of people at a fairly low cost. It allows you to interact on a more personal level with your clients and really make a connection with them.

I used HootSuite to schedule my posts for Facebook and Twitter for the week. It was easy to use and made doing weekly postings quick and easy. I would try to stick with a general theme for each week and had a few weekly things that I did. (Fun Fact Friday and entertaining pictures on Wednesdays to help people get through the mid week slump)I would use HootSuite in a real-life scenario because it made postings quick and easy and I didn't have to go to each social media platform everyday to do postings. I would use it to schedule those weekly posting and anything that I had planned ahead of time, but I would still want to do some when I think about things or come across different articles or something that I want to share with my followers.


I used Pinterest to find and share ways for clients to live a natural, healthy lifestyle, at hoe massage and stretching techniques, ways to relieve stress, different products we would use or sell at out business, and also different motivational and inspirational quotes. In a real-life scenario I would use Pinterest much the same way I did for this course and just be able to connect with clients and share different things with them that we found interesting, matched the business philosophy and aid in building that relationship with our customers. I can use Pinterest to link pins to my other social media platforms, as well as my business website. I can use Pinterst to share redecorating that the business does, introduce now techniques our therapists learn, different oils or lotions we use and where customers can purchase some or get more information about it, and ways to keep your body healthy in between massages/treatments.

This wasn't really a niche site, but I would use SpaFinder with a real-life business like my one for this class because it would allow my customers to see what others are saying about their experience at my business and they can also purchase gift cards that can be used at my business. Also, customers can see more than just massage therapists and spas but also other natural, alternative services, wellness options, and relaxation services (yoga, aromatherapy, etc...)

With vines and videos I found it kind of difficult to do just because it was hard to figure out a concept and how to do it for a fake business with no real location so it would look professional. I think that Vines could be a good platform in a real-life scenario to give clients a visual of a massage or stretching technique, how to make their own massage oils and lotions, and anything else that a visual would help customers understand what I am trying to tell them. 




I would use Facebook for informing about events or courses, do more detailed posts, share success stories, and really be able to interact and connect with customers. I would post about the same amount of time that I did for this course (3-5 posts a week) but would do them more around the times and days that the Buddy Media Report recommended for my type of business. I would use Twitter to inform customers about daily specials/sales that I decide to do, share fun and interesting facts, pictures and article links, provides links to articles and webpages that relate to my business and its practices. Pinterest would be used to show clients how to make your own oils and lotions at home, share stretching and massaging techniques that they can do at home to aid in their recuperation and also help them to keep their body healthy. I really liked Blogger because it allowed me to get more in depth, and really elaborate on a topic. Being that massage as a form of healing is still new to people providing information and links to credible sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment